Thursday, August 6, 2009

Assignment # 2,p.44 (Atikan)


The four candidate cities for the 2016 Summer Olympics are Chicago, Tokyo, Madrid and Brazil. In my opinion, Chicago is the best city to host the Olympics. It's difficult for me to decide which cities are the best choice because I never go Spain, Japan and Brasil. But when I read about the Olympics I still pick Chicago.
The first reason why I pick Chicago: I think people in Chicago are friendlier than other cities because Chicago has millions of visitors to the city each year and they know how to take care of their visitors. I know the other cities have many visitors too, but Chicago has national variation and people from every corner of the world.
The second reason, I think other cities (except Chicago) may be have problem about communication (language) because the other cities use native language but Chicago uses the English Language and English Language is the central language in the world. In addition, I think people in Chicago use Spanish Language in second language. It's good for visitors.
Finally, the last reason that why I pick Chicago is the best choice because I'm here in Chicago. But if Chicago will not win, I hope Japan will win because Japan is not far from my country and I can visit there.

1 comment:

  1. There is some great original stuff in here. You wrote about the importance langugae will have at the Olympics. I really liked that and enjoyed that!

    Make the corrections we talked about, and this should be perfect. Well done, Teacher Lori

    ReplyDelete